Unique in the field, Comparative Management of Spine Pathology presents commonly encountered spinal cases with side-by-side, case-by-case comparisons that clearly show how various experts would handle the same case. This second volume in the Neurosurgery: Case Management Comparison Series offers multiple opinions from international experts in both neurosurgery and orthopaedics, each of whom explains their preferred approach and management style for the same case. This format allows for quick and helpful comparisons of different ways to approach a lesion, advantages and disadvantages of each approach, and what each expert is looking for in how they would manage a particular case.
- Offers 4 expert opinions on each case in a templated format designed to help you quickly make side-by-side comparisons—an ideal learning tool for both trainee and practicing neurosurgeons and orthopaedic surgeons for board review and case preparation.
- Helps you easily grasp different approaches to spine management with different expert approaches to the same case and summaries from the editors on the advantages and disadvantages to each approach.
- Features a wide variety of management decisions, from preoperative studies to surgical approach, surgical adjuncts, and postoperative care, from experts in the field who specialize in different aspects of spine surgery.
- Presents 70 cases in the areas of degenerative spine, traumatic spine, spinal deformity, spinal oncology, and miscellaneous topics such as epidural abscess, osteomyelitis, and post-instrumentation infection.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text and figures from the book on a variety of devices.
Note: Only Surgery member can download this ebook. Learn more here!